Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by users send to their terminals, where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites on the next visit. Cookies of the so-called “third parties” are, however, set by a website other than the one the user is visiting. This is because on each site there may be elements (images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages of other domains, etc.) that reside on servers other than the site visited.
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies. Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service“. They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website; analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site; functional cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies, the prior consent of users is not required, while there is obligation to provide information pursuant to art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679, that the site manager, if s/he uses only such devices, will be able to provide in the manner s/he deems most suitable.
- Profiling cookies. Profiling cookies are designed to create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net. Because of the particular invasiveness that such devices can have in the private sphere of users, European and Italian legislation requires the user to be adequately informed about their use and express their valid consent. It is envisaged that “the storage of information in the terminal equipment of a contractor or a user or access to information already stored is permitted only on condition that the contractor or the user has given his/her consent after being informed with the simplified procedures referred to in Article 13 of the EU 2016/679 Regulation. This site does not use profiling cookies.
By visiting this website, you may receive cookies from sites managed by other organizations (“third parties”). An example is the presence of “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn, or systems for displaying embedded (integrated) multimedia content such as Youtube, Flickr. These are parts generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the web page of the visited host site. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relevant information to which reference is made. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, the following are the web addresses of the various information and how to manage cookies.
- Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): log in to your account. Privacy section.
- Twitter information: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Informative Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Youtube \ Google+ informative: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Youtube \ Google+ (configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Pinterest informative \ configuration https://about.pinterest.com/it/privacy-policy
- Flikr \ Yahoo informative http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/it/yahoo/cookies/details.html
- Flikr \ Yahoo (configuration) http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/it/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS
The site also includes components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). These cookies are used for the sole purpose of monitoring and improving site performance. For more information, please refer to the link below:
The user can selectively disable the action of Google Analytics by installing on their browser the opt-out component provided by Google. To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to the link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or when a logout command is executed. Other cookies “survive” when the browser is closed and are also available in subsequent visits by the user. These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server when they are created. In some cases, a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings of his browser.
Attention: the total or partial disabling of technical cookies could compromise the optimal use of the site.
The disabling of “third-party” cookies does not affect the navigability in any way.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. In addition, the browsers allow you to define different settings for cookies “owners” and those of “third parties”. As an example, in Firefox, through the menu Tools-> Options-> Privacy, you can access a control panel where you can define whether or not to accept the different types of cookies and proceed with their removal. On the Internet it is easy to find documentation on how to set the cookie management rules for your browser. As an example, you will find some addresses related to the main browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT