Free Online Tools to Boost Digital Learning
EPV-Approved Summer Course (Sale is now closed for 2021)
- Format: Online self-paced course with dedicated E-tutor for support
- Duration: 10 hours online learning and 10 hours self-verified learning
- First group: 1st to 21st July
- Second group: 29th July to 20th August
Price: 69 €
Digital tools support teachers in making lessons more interactive, raising motivation, and facilitating effective self-study. Digital content also opens the door to swift sharing and exchanging of lesson material on a scale that would not be possible on paper.
During this course, you will be introduced to a wide range of free online tools for teaching and educational apps. You will practice using your own lesson material to create interactive presentations, videos and images. You will use online quiz programs and evaluate online collaboration software.
By attending this course, you will gain a better understanding of the broad range of educational online tools that are available for free. You will become more confident in applying educational apps in class. You will be able to use your own lesson content to create various online learning activities. You will also learn about the UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for teachers. You will reflect on how Digital Learning is implemented at your school and about possible improvements.
Free Online Tools to Boost Digital Learning is an EPV-Approved Summer Course that consists of 10 hours of online learning and 10 hours of self-verified learning. (See here for FAQs on EPV-Approved courses)
This EPV-Approved course is structured into 5 modules:
Module 1 – Online Platforms for Education
Discover and compare different types of online learning platforms. Understand which platforms are most suitable for your own teaching. Evaluate international digital learning strategies for schools.
Module 2 – Online tools for interactive presentations
Explore various programs for creating interactive presentations. Practise screen recording. Create your own interactive presentation.
Module 3 – Online tools for interactive videos
Compare various programs for creating interactive videos. Discover the Flipped Classroom approach. Add interactive elements to an educational video.
Module 4 – Online Quizzes and Game-based Learning
Explore various types of quiz software. Evaluate which one is most suitable for your lessons. Create your own online quizzes
Module 5 – Collaborating online
Discover programs that support online projects and collaboration. Reflect on how to improve online collaboration among your students.
Dr Robert Schwamborn
Teacher Trainer and Managing Director at Europass Teacher Academy Ireland
- PhD in Neuroscience, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Since 2014, Robert has been training teachers in the use of various technical tools.
- Winner of the Education Outreach Award in 2017 for establishing an innovative science education and teacher training programme in Ireland, the Amgen Biotech Experience
- 6 years of experience as a scout group leader, applying the principles of scouting pedagogy (group work, learning by doing, gamification, fostering responsibility and tolerance)